Late Tax Filing
Late tax filing can lead to major CRA tax problems including interest And penalties on taxes owed. Address your tax debt today by having our tax dispute experts fight the CRA for you. Contact Us Today!
Fill out the web form or call us to get started.
Solve Your Tax Problem
Book A Free Confidential Consultation
Many Canadians fall behind filing tax returns each year for a variety of reasons; people:
- Don’t think that they will owe
- Know they will owe and don’t have the funds to pay
- Incorrectly believe that if they do not file they will not be found out and will not have to pay
- Have lost records and/or receipts and have no idea what they earned and don’t have the ability to estimate or prove what their expenses were
- Find dealing with their late tax filing so stressful once it has occurred that they think if they avoid it, eventually it will go away by itself
Late tax filing is serious and should never be left unaddressed.
- Not filing a tax return = tax evasion = crime.
- Each day that you are behind filing your returns you are essentially committing tax evasion. It is not against the law to have a tax debt and owe money to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency). It is against the law to not file your tax returns!
- Each day that passes that your late tax filing is outstanding you will accrue large penalties and interest and can even be subject to prosecution.
When you are not filing, the CRA can complete a notional assessment on your behalf and estimate your income. They look at any information and make (often wild) assumptions. On that basis they can assess your tax debt, interest and penalties, and then proceed to collect the tax debt that they have estimated.
Whether your late tax filing is 1 year, 5 years or even 10 years past due, it is important to take action and get compliant immediately.
If you’re behind filing your returns you should not simply go to a tax preparer and send in a batch of returns. Once you are behind you will need to deal with professionals who have a high level of experience and who can negotiate with the CRA for you to become compliant. Late tax filing is a very serious tax problem that must be approached carefully.
Farber Tax Solutions can help you successfully deal with CRA problems. We utilize the experience of our tax experts to:
- 1| Offer a comprehensive solution that is focused on achieving the most favourable possible outcome for your tax issue;
- 2| Communicate with the CRA on your behalf and navigate the entire CRA dispute process; and
- 3| Offer a complete solution to your tax problems, including ex-CRA professionals, lawyers, and experienced accountants.
James and his team are outstanding. When I called TaxSolutions I was in a panic. James listened to me, calmed me down, then told me what needed to be done and how he could help. Best call I ever made
Again I can’t thank you enough! My life has been far more calm in so many ways after meeting with you. I have had many family members and friends mention how happy I seem lately. It’s truly a reflection of your hard work and ability to do your profession so great!”
I don’t even know where to.begin or how to even thank you for lending an ear this morning. Without even seeing any type of documentation to support my situation .. you offered support, guidance and most of all kindness. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!